|Come Have Fun With Us at OSL!
If you are looking for some spiritually uplifting, family friendly activities this Summer, you have come to the right place. There is always something fun going on at Our Savior.
When you get involved in church activities, you open yourself up to opportunities for personal rebirth, renewal and regrowth, you create lasting memories with family and friends, help people in the surrounding neighborhood, and make a difference in this and your community.
Our Pastor, Executive Director and Board Members will be happy to tell you all about our on-going activities and our up-coming events and projects, as well as our plans for future programs.
* Contact information for our church leaders is listed in our weekly worship bulletins
Come to Our Savior Lutheran where each person is
LOVED as a Precious Gift from God.
Vacation Bible School (VBS)
“Gateway to Galilee – Amazing Grace Adventures!
Friday, August 7th, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. “opening and orientation”
Saturday, August 8th, 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., a day of learning and fun!
Please take time to pre-register your child(ren) for Vacation Bible School.
(Registration forms are on the table in the hallway off the Chancel entrance.)
Annual Church Picnic...
Sunday, August 9th, Worship at 10:30 a.m.,
The day’s activities will be held at the church this year under a tent on the church properties. A potluck with the usual meat dishes, condiments, iced tea and water will be provided. Bring a dish to share and your own dishes, cups and tableware.
Come and enjoy the day of Worship, Christian fellowship, Good food, and fun.
Parish Planning Council Meeting
There will be a Meeting of all Board Leaders on Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. to discuss board reports, budgets and plans for future events. Also, we share how God is working in our lives and enjoy fellowship with one another.
During worship service on Sunday, August 30, 2015 we will celebrate the beginning of the new church school year.
Quarterly Congregational Meeting
There will be a Voters Meeting following the worship service on TBD. During this meeting, we will review budget proposals, talk about the board nominations and voting process, discuss current business and bring up new business, and tell you about community volunteer opportunities. Your participation is highly encouraged.
Midweek Word & Prayer...
Members, family and friends are invited to meet Wednesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. in the church basement. In this informal setting we study God’s Word, pray, sing, and snack. Currently we are studying 1st Peter – 10 crucial insights for Christian Living in a Non-Christian Culture. We invite you to join us and bring friends.
Would You be Interested in being on the Prayer Chain? There are some ladies who would like to re-activate the Prayer Chain (a call is made to a person requesting prayer... the call is placed to the next person, and so on). Some people have signed up, but more are needed. Please call Denise Willis (810) 813-2926 if you would like to participate on the Prayer Chain. Thank you.
Regular Events and Activities
Mark your calendars to join the Fun!
- Sundays (9:15 AM) - Sunday School, Youth Group/Teen Bible Study and Adult Bible Study
- Sundays (10:30 AM) - Traditional Worship Service
- Sundays (11:30 AM) - Coffee and Fellowship
- Sundays (12:30 PM) - Fit-For-Life in Christ Classes (when scheduled)
- Mondays (6:15 PM) - Church Softball Games (summer only)
- Tuesdays (4:30 PM) - ROCK Tutoring (during school months)
- Wednesdays (5:00 PM) - Music and Choir Rehearsals
- Wednesdays (6:00 PM) - Youth Confirmation Classes (during school months)**
- Wednesdays (6:30 PM) - “Words and Prayers” and "To Be Continued"
- Thursdays (9:00 AM) - Property Board Meets and Works (every week)
- Fridays - Church Office is Closed
- Saturdays (1:00 PM) - Show Me the Way - Blind Ministry Meetings (once a month)
- Third Sunday (12:30 PM) - Youth Group outing or activity**
** Unless otherwise scheduled
Check the back of the bulletin each Sunday for activity details and more up-coming events.
All activities are held at Our Savior Lutheran Church unless otherwise specified.
All events are FREE unless otherwise specified.